About the Wellness Reps Program
Wellness Reps are leaders within their residential community who works as a liaison between Prevention and Wellness Services and their fellow residents to foster and promote health and wellness. This is a volunteer peer educator position. It is our hope that students will take the knowledge and resources they gain from this program and continue to implement those practices throughout their life.
Volunteer Position Description
Under direct supervision of the PWS Program Coordinator, Wellness Reps attend peer-to-peer education trainings and broaden their knowledge via student club involvement and student government programs. Throughout the year the Wellness Reps and the program staff present educational workshops and programs and create wellness initiatives in order to teach residents how they can become more actively involved in their own wellness and that of their community.
Wellness Reps host events in their residence halls to encourage wellness through education, outreach, and community involvement. They work in partnership with their Hall Councils to spread positive, inclusive, and empowering information to their communities.
Volunteer Commitment Requirements and Expectations
1. Live in a WWU residence hall
2. Commit to spending 3 hours a week on Wellness Rep activities
3. Attend all weekly Hall Council meetings
4. Attend all weekly Wellness Rep meetings, Mondays 4-5 pm
5. Notify PWS Program Coordinator before missing a meeting, due to extenuating circumstances (exam, lab, illness, etc.)
6. Missing two consecutive or three total meetings a quarter is grounds for dismissal from the program
7. Take quality photos and obtain photo releases at all events and email them to the PWS Program Coordinator
DEADLINE EXTENDED! Submit your online Wellness Rep volunteer application at pws.wwu.edu/wellnessrepsapply by Oct. 21.