Sexual Health Promotion at Western
Western offers a variety of programs and services designed to help students experience their sexuality and sexual relationships in ways that are empowered, healthy, positive, and pleasurable.
- Find out how to order free safe sex supplies by mail
- Information about our Western Wears sexual health education campaign
- Learn about sexual health services available at the Student Health Center (including STI testing & birth control)
What Is Sexual Health?
Sexual health is a state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease or dysfunction. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence. (Source: World Health Organization)
- Individuals and society benefit from open, honest communication and positive attitudes about sexuality.
- The self-determined and joyous expression of one's own sexuality, in ways that are non-coercive, non-exploitive and responsible, is central to being fully human.
- All people deserve access to information they need to make their own informed decisions about sexuality, without shame or fear.