What is sexual health?
A state of physical, emotional, mental and social well-being in relation to sexuality; it is not merely the absence of disease or dysfunction. Sexual health requires a positive and respectful approach to sexuality and sexual relationships, as well as the possibility of having pleasurable and safe sexual experiences, free of coercion, discrimination and violence. (World Health Organization)
Sexual health resources at Western
PWS provides a variety of programs and services designed to help students experience their sexuality and sexual relationships in ways that are empowered, healthy, positive, and pleasurable.
- For information about condom availability on campus or to make a request: Condom Distribution & Request Form
- To learn more about the sexual health information sessions we offer for individuals or couples: Sexual Health Information Sessions
- For more information about our Peer Sexual Health Educators or to schedule an education program: Peer Sexual Health Educators
- Individuals & society benefit from open, honest communication and positive attitudes about sexuality.
- The self-determined and joyous expression of one's own sexuality, in ways that are non-coercive, non-exploitive and responsible, is central to being fully human.
- All people deserve access to information they need to make their own informed decisions about sexuality, without shame or fear.