Prevention and Wellness Services (PWS) Peer Health Educator Program Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Peer Health Educator! Please read all the instructions thoroughly before submitting your application.
Checklist for PHE Application Process:
- Submit your PHE application by 5 pm on March 8, 2019.
- Attend the interview and orientation day on Saturday, April 13, 2019.
- Contact PWS via email email@example.com or call 360-650-2993 with any questions or concerns.
PHE Application Instructions:
PWS Peer Health Educators serve an important role on Western’s campus and there are a limited number of positions available each year. The written application is your first opportunity to let us know why we should choose you to be a part of this program. Applications will be evaluated on both the content and quality of your written responses.
- Respond to the questions using clear, specific examples and experiences. Please limit your responses to 2 paragraphs maximum, and be thoughtful about the words you choose.
- The form cannot be saved and completed later, so it may be helpful to type your responses in a separate document and cut and paste them into the web form when you’re ready to submit. Please read over (or ask a friend) to ensure your application is free from spelling or grammatical errors before you submit.
- You will receive a confirmation message when you have successfully submitted your form, and you will be contacted after the application deadline on March 8, 2019 regarding next steps.
PHE Application Accommodations:
Prevention & Wellness Services is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all programs and activities. Requests for accommodation or assistance should be directed to Disability Resources for Students located in Old Main 110; additional information is available at: http://www.wwu.edu/depts/drs/ Telephone: 360-650-3083 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally, any student may contact PWS via email email@example.com or call 360-650-2993 to discuss alternative format options for application submission. Any alternative materials must address each question in the standard application.
For more information, please visit our How to Become a Volunteer Page.