Discover Your Best Self
It got you here!
YOU have incredible strengths and talents, otherwise you would not be here. You have had many challenges along the way but these attributes have helped you overcome those challenges.
The circles show the strengths that allow and encourage people to be their BEST SELF. Research shows that when people practice these they have a strong sense of wellbeing, happiness, and resiliency! They are able to function at a high level even in the face of adversity.
The Best_Self_Print_flyer.pdf can help you succeed at Western:
- Print it.
- Put in a place where you will look at it every day...
- On your wall.
- In your planner.
- Inside the plastic shield on the front or back of a notebook.
- Choose one or two you would like to practice this week.
- Talk with friends and share what you have discovered.
- Next week pick a new set.
- OR -
- Practice the same one for the whole quarter.
- Think about a challenging time and what characteristics helped you to get to the other side. Which ones would have been helpful?
Need more information?
Download our Best Self Characteristics and Instructions with details about each characteristic and specific instructions.
Be sure to check out our videos to learn more!
Many of our students and staff are finding the BEST SELF model very helpful. We hope you do too! Have a healthy and happy quarter.
Adapted from: Peterson, C., & Seligman, M. E. P. (2004). Character strengths and virtues: A handbook and classification. New York: Oxford University Press and Washington, DC: American Psychological Association. ©Copyright 2004-2016, VIA Institute on Character. All Rights Reserved. Used with Permission. www.viacharacter.org