Wellness Advocate Application
Thank you for your interest in becoming a Wellness Advocate! Please read all the instructions thoroughly before submitting your application.
Steps for Completing the Wellness Advocate Application Process
- Submit your Wellness Advocate application (6 short essay questions and a 2-3 min instructional video) by Sunday, May 2, 2021.
- Participate in the virtual Program Orientation event on May 13, 6:30-8pm (save the date, link to be provided).
- Participate in an interview during the week of May 17.
- Contact PWS via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-650-2993 with any questions or concerns as needed.
Wellness Advocate Application Instructions
PWS Wellness Advocates serve an important role on Western’s campus and there are a limited number of positions available each year. The application is your first opportunity to let us know why we should choose you to be a part of this program. Applications will be evaluated on both the content and quality of your written responses and video submission.
- Respond to the questions using clear, specific examples and experiences. Please limit your responses to 2 paragraphs maximum.
- The video is intended to be an opportunity to demonstrate your ability to communicate ideas & information effectively. Fancy formatting and video production skills are not required.
- The form cannot be saved and completed later, so it may be helpful to type your responses in a separate document and cut and paste them into the web form when you’re ready to submit. Please proofread your responses (or ask a friend to do so) and make any needed edits before you submit.
- You will receive a confirmation message when you have successfully submitted your form, and you will be contacted soon after the application deadline on May 2, 2021 regarding next steps.
Wellness Advocate Application Accommodations
Prevention & Wellness Services is committed to equal opportunity and non-discrimination in all programs and activities. Requests for accommodation or assistance should be directed to Disability Resources for Students: 360-650-3083, email@example.com
Additionally, any student may contact PWS via email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 360-650-2993 to discuss alternative format options for application submission. Any alternative materials must address each question in the standard application.
For more information, please visit our How to Become a Volunteer Page.