AlcoholEdu and Western Washington University
Western Washington University is dedicated to creating and sustaining a safe environment where every student can be successful. We recognize that discussing the issue of alcohol abuse openly and dispelling the many myths about college drinking are key components in prevention, equally as important as empowering bystanders to recognize potentially harmful situations and take action.
The AlcoholEdu training is intended to help you learn more about reducing risks associated with drinking and increasing safety for yourself and others, as you play an important role in keeping our campus and community safe. Whether you drink or not, AlcoholEdu will empower you to make well-informed decisions about alcohol, recognize potentially risky situations, and equip you with the skills to foster a safe environment for yourself and others. It takes a close look at realistic situations and options that help reduce risks, and empowers bystanders to act in situations of concern.
This training is an option for students who want to learn more information about these topics. Western is deeply committed to the greatest health, well-being, and safety of all our students. We hope you find the training valuable.
Please note, Western has partnered with EverFi, the company that developed AlcoholEdu to provide students with this optional training.
To access AlcoholEdu, click the link for the AlcoholEdu Online Training: https://shib.everfi.net/login/default.aspx?id=wwualcoholedu.
You can also find this link within your My Western portal. Click on the Student tab, scroll down to “Health,” and click the link for the AlcoholEdu Online Training.
There are two parts to the AlcoholEdu training with a 30-day break between the two sections. Part 1 will take about 1.5 hours to complete and includes an Initial Survey, Course Modules 1-6, and an End of Modules Survey. Thirty days after completing Part 1 you will receive an email with instructions to log into your EverFi dashboard, access AlcoholEdu and complete Part 2, one follow-up module and a brief follow-up survey.
Other Important Information:
- You will need Internet access and audio capabilities.
- To avoid technical issues, please use the most up-to-date version of Chrome or Firefox (avoid Internet Explorer).
- You may complete the course in multiple sittings.
- The course includes surveys to help personalize your experience and measure students’ attitudes and behaviors. All survey responses are confidential; Western will only receive information about the participating student group as a whole and will never see individual student responses. You may also skip any survey question you do not wish to answer, and still complete the remainder of the training.
- Technical support is available 24/7 and can be accessed from the “Help” link within the training.